Monday, May 4th, 2009...11:51 pm
Sportsvite’s In The Market For A Digital Wiz Kid
Sportsvite is looking for a dynamic, brilliant, tireless, creative, passionate digital marketing manager. Below is the actual job description but here are the real requirements
1) Loves sports and actively plays/participates in sports activities
2) Digital and social media wiz – I’ll first check out all their online profiles and presence (facebook, twitter, blogs, sportsvite profile, etc.)
3) Self-starter, problem-solver who will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment (multi-tasking problem solver who loves to work)
Depending on past experiences and interests this position can tilt towards SEO/SEM, sales support, program activation, marketing programs, customer acquisition, community management, partnerships or event promotions. I’m looking for the best player available and will create this roll just for them.
Please forward this blog post on to anyone you know, or have worked with in the past that might be a good fit. You can have them hit me up directly. This is basically the exact job I would’ve have wanted when I was 24. The position will report directly to me.
We’re also looking for solid college interns and a junior level java web developer.
Sportsvite is seeking a talented and passionate marketing manager to help develop and execute marketing activities.
Sportsvite (www.sportsvite.com) is an online community for recreational athletes – it serves the 110 million Americans that play amateur sports. Sportsvite builds connections between players, teams and leagues and organizes every aspect of their games and activities online – from practices to pick-up games to league competitions. In addition to the Sportsvite.com destination, Sportsvite recently launched the Recreational Sports Network through partnerships with the top recreational leagues in the country. Sportsvite reaches over 500,000 recreational athletes and 25,000 teams in the top U.S. cities.
Sportsvite has been featured as a leading online social network for recreational sports in Time, New York Times, MSNBC, Entrepreneur, Maxim and ABC News is a Webby Award Official Honoree for 2006 and 2007.
Digital Marketing Manager
Marketing Management & Execution
- Execute online marketing plan across SEM, SEO, online sponsorship, e-mail marketing, social media and viral campaigns.
- Coordinate and manage execution of online and grassroots marketing campaigns across online sites and recreational league and organizational partners.
- Targeted goals and performance metrics by managing marketing activities to hit key growth objectives
Partnership Activation & Management
- Identify, contact, close and manage Sportsvite league and organizational partners.
- Manage relationships with leagues, organization, media companies and advertisers.
- Organize and manage Sportsvite City Captains Program.
- Manage execution of any marketing partner’s marketing requirements.
Online Community Marketing
- Identify Sportsvite members who are community leaders and sport event organizers to help build local relationships with sports events.
- Target specific markets to grow local Sportsvite communities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in work experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience as a Marketing Coordinator.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, good team player & motivator.
- Ability to plan ahead, meet appropriate deadlines and work independently on projects.
- Proactive in identifying inefficiencies in production pipeline and proposing sensible solutions.
- Expert in all MS Office applications.
- Sports enthusiast – What sports do are you playing now?
- Digital media junky, member of multiple social networks
- Bloggers preferred
- Organized, detail-oriented, high energy, strong written skill, strong oral communication skills, creativity, entrepreneurial minded, innovative thinker, creative problem solver, self-starter
- Online Social Networking Profiles
- Writing Sample or Sample Presentation (strongly preferred)
- Salary Expectations (Base + Bonus + Equity)